Our fees for undertaking this work are £285.00 per hour plus VAT. This is inclusive of: –
- Time spent on the matter;
- Postal charges and
- Telephone expenses
Our fees are reviewed on 1st January each year and we will notify you in advance of any changes. Invoices are provided on a regular basis and will reflect the time costs and disbursements that have been incurred.
Dependent on the merits of your case, we will be able to accept your instructions on: –
- A Fixed Fee basis for the duration of the case or until we can collate sufficient evidence to determine whether the retainer can be amended to a Conditional Fee or Contingency Fee basis;
- A Conditional Fee Basis, which means that we will enter into an agreement with you that we will only receive fees if you are successful in recovering damages. Should that be the case, we will deduct from your settlement what is known as a “success fee” to reflect the risk that we have accepted and will seek payment of any legal costs from your opponent.
We will undertake a risk assessment at the outset in order to determine the prospects of a successful claim and the more likelihood of success, the lower that fee will be.
- A Contingency Fee Basis, which means that we will enter into an agreement with you that if we are successful in recovering damages for you, our fees will be paid by way of an agreed percentage reduction of your damages .
If you are pursuing a commercial debt and your opponent disputes the claim at any point, we will discuss with you further work that is required and provide you with revised advice about costs, if necessary.
Should you wish to proceed to Court, you should note that: –
- The VAT element is not recoverable from the opponent;
- Any interest and compensation that we recover might affect the amount of costs we recover and
- If enforcement action is necessary should your opponent refuse to pay the debt, the costs of carrying out this work will be separate to the main debt claim.
Should you have any questions, please contact Jonathan on 01925 634681, 07776 132339 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org